[FX.php List] [OFF] Solution for occasional outage....Redux

David Ness dness at bondedbuilders.com
Thu Feb 14 07:39:08 MST 2008

BTW, in talking about failover servers, I've set up my fx.php code with
the following logic:

// Check to see if the FileMaker server is up and running
if( !fsockopen ($FMserverIP, 80, $errno, $errstr, 2) )	{
	// set the variable used in fx.php calls to the redundant server
IP
	$FMserverIP = $failoverFMServerIP;
	// No, it appears to be down, so test the failover server
	if( !fsockopen ($FMserverIP, 80, $errno, $errstr, 2) )	{
		$serverUp = false;
	} else {
		$serverUp = true;
	}
} else {
	$serverUp = true;
}

Before attempting to display a page, I test the value of $serverUp and
display an error page if the servers, both Primary & Failover, are down.