[FX.php List] 1 success, one failure

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 7 11:31:37 MST 2008

Just a word of caution for anyone adapting someone else's code...

using
     if (isset($myvar))
might not give you the results you expect because if $myvar is
anywhere declared as
    $myvar = '';  // empty quotes
then
     if (isset($myvar))
would evaluate to true, even though you might expect it to be false.

     if (isset($myvar) && $myvar != '')
is probably a safer test.

If it's all your own code though, you'll probably know whether
there's any chance that $myvar might ever be set to '', so using [if
(isset($myvar))] might be sufficient.

-Joel