[FX.php List] [...barely off-topic] Upgrading webserver from PHP 4to 5

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at aol.com
Wed Feb 6 13:01:05 MST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Bob Patin wrote:

> One more question: Mac OS X Server 10.4.11 (Tiger) is running Apache
> 1.4, isn't that right? Is there a Terminal command that would return
> the version to me?

It's Apache 1.3.33

If you type

httpd -v

at the terminal you'll get it.

My Mac OS X 10.4.11 server is running the 5.2.4 version from Entropy,
installed as I recall by a simple double click of the installer package.

The only thing that tripped me up when I installed that was the short
open tags thing, since quite a bit of what I had did use them, but
since you're aware of that you should be all set.

Roger