[FX.php List] How much traffic can it take?

Jamie Adams jamie at liquis.com
Mon Feb 4 10:56:47 MST 2008

Hello all-

My company is considering building an auction script (like a private
eBay) for some inventory in our FileMaker database.  One suggestion from
our team was to build PHP auction scripts that connect directly to our
FileMaker DB.  However, I've observed that the performance of FileMaker
with FX.php is not quite as good as MySQL in many circumstances.  Near
the end of an auction, we might have as many as 40 bidders hitting the
database with quick succession.  Can FX.php take this kind of abuse?  Or
do I need to look into exporting to MySQL?  I'm going to try some tests
myself, but I hoped to draw from the collective wisdom first.  I've
learned some tricks for optimizing my FX.php code to load quicker, but
I've never tested under such a heavy load.

Jamie Adams

Liquis, Inc.

400 Parker Drive, Suite 1110, Austin, TX 78728

phone 512.299.9634, ext 103 -- fax 512.873.0575

www.liquis.com <http://www.liquis.com>

www.auctionpartner.com <http://www.auctionpartner.com>

www.furniture-partner.com <http://www.furniture-partner.com>

eBay Store: