[FX.php List] Command line tool on FMS9

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Mon Feb 4 04:33:48 MST 2008

Hi,

I'm working on a solution which means that I need to open and close
databases on the server itself.

I was able to write the necessary code (PHP, using exec() to call
fmsadmin.exe), and all tested fine on my FMS8/win2003 setup. The server that
this solution is to end up on has FMS9, which flatly refuses to play, even
from a command prompt when logged on to the machine, let alone from PHP.

The machine is a managed server. I can't login as the administrator, but the
account that I have has administrator privileges, and even when opening the
command prompt, navigating to the correct directory and trying to run the
CLI, I get asked for credentials 3 times, then I get told permission denied,
Error 9. The serer help file unhelpfully doesn't have an error number 9
listed, but I'm guessing it's, oh, permission denied.??

So, has anyone been able to get the CLI of FMS 9 to function on win2003.?

Cheers

Steve