[FX.php List] using Self in auto-enter calculations

Marc Wood webmaster at studentpress.org
Tue Aug 5 08:15:43 MDT 2008

I've noticed that if I use any auto-enter calculations on fields in my
FileMaker databases that use the Self function (such as Trim (Self),
then create records using a PHP file, any fields using those
calculations have a ? in them, regardless of whether those fields were
populated by the form or not. If I use the actual field names in the
auto-enter calculations, all is well. Has anyone else noticed this,
and is there any way around it?

Marc Wood
Mpls.