[FX.php List] [OFF] FMS9A and PHP GD library

Kevin Becker kbecker at treca.org
Mon Nov 26 11:46:16 MST 2007

My company upgraded to FMS9A from a previous install of FMS8A this weekend
(not as simple as we had hoped - long story that I'd be happy to share if
others are planning to take the plunge). FMS9 is installed on Win2003,
FMS9A WebEngine and Apache are installed on an Xserve.

I was hoping that the new PHP 5.2.1 that came with the FMS9A install would
include the GD library since our previous PHP 4 was missing GD, but I was
disappointed to find that GD was not included.

I have looked for directions on how to add the GD library to an existing
installation of PHP several times in the past, but it always looks way
more complicated than I was hoping it would be.

Has anyone else tried to add the GD library to the PHP 5.2.1 that comes
with installing FMS9A on an Xserve?

Would it make more sense to do a clean install of a version of PHP that
includes the GD library?  One of our tech guys did a clean install of PHP
5.2.2 which did include the GD library when he set up another one of our
Xserves, but I'm not sure how that might effect the FileMaker functions on
the new Xserve.  I know that a few lines are added to the end of the
httpd.conf file which FMS9A requires, but a new PHP install shouldn't
effect that.

And in case you were curious, FX.php is running just fine along with the
API, IWP, and xslt pages.

Kevin Becker