[SPAM-5.7]- [FX.php List] Limiting fields returned

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Thu Nov 15 11:52:50 MST 2007

BTW, your averaging "loop" as described sounds inefficient.
have you heard of the function array_sum()?

// this code is a sketch, you have to check for zero count
// or risk a PHP error
$avg = array_sum($array) / count($array);

there is usually always a better way to do things in PHP. it's a
learning process.

also, take any unstored calculated fields off the layout if you can or
make them stored - if they are unstored or sums or any kind of summary
your performance will suffer greatly.

dan

Carl Anderson had written: