[FX.php List] [OFF-TOPIC] LAJAX.state()

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Wed May 16 20:20:28 MDT 2007

Using LAJAX, I'm posting to a page that uses the variable as GET
variable in an iframe that calls to an outside server -
Everything comes through just fine, but my LAJAX.state() remains at 3 -
I understand that LAJAX.state() is the XMLHttpRequest Object - and that
in the state of 3 "Some data has been received. Calling the responseBody
and responseText properties at this state to obtain partial results will
return an error, because status and response headers are not fully
available."
http://www.e-articles.info/e/a/title/XMLHttpRequest-Overview/

Even though it executes and does what I need it to do, it sticks at the
state of 3 -

This wouldn't be that big of a deal, I don't think - but without it, I
can't find a successful way to determine "loading" status - (i.e.
display a loading .gif while it is loading.)

If Safari would support the onload in an iframe, this would be solved -
but I can't find a way to display the "loading" gif so the user knows it
is still processing -
(the script could easilly take 45+ seconds to execute, so I'd like a
nice way to show the user things are loading.

Any ideas?