[FX.php List] Using cookies/not using cookies

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Wed May 16 13:19:31 MDT 2007

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I just realized something
interesting -

Safari has a default "feature" that accepts cookies "only from sites you
navigate to."  If explains "For example, not from advertisers on those
sites."

I'm using LAJAX to post a to a page that uses the post variable as a GET
parameter to load a an iframe source hosted on "webserver2" that queries FM
Server on "webserver1" - then sets session arrays with the returned data and
pushes to another page on "webserver2" that uses a different FX file to
write the records to FM server on "webserver2"
In short, it allows a user to submit their order on our public webserver and
then have all their data automatically move to our non-public filemaker
server - - this was, what I thought, a great workaround to "same as origin"
javascript security rule.

It works well on IE and Firefox - but the default is safari won't accept the
cookie to save the session info on an iFrame that loads data from an outside
source.

Just when I thought I had it figured out...

Alex