[FX.php List] Why not convert from CDML to fx.php?

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Mon May 14 01:30:27 MDT 2007

Den 14/05/2007 kl. 4.17 skrev Jonathan Schwartz:

> Dale,
>
> THANK YOU for explaining that, because it addresses the eternal
> mystery question of whether the Web Companion was providing the web
> serving or another web server was (apache/IIS).
>
> In all my FMP6U/fx.php installations, I used Apache as a web
> server. Everything worked fine.  You guys helped me through it back
> in 2005. ;-)
>
> Then, I ran into a different account using FMP6UL/CDML (Mac) that
> had no third party web server. Now I understand that the Web
> Companion is providing the web serving.
>
> Back to the FileMaker Web Server Connector (FM-WSC) for this
> problem client...
>
> - Platform is Windows.
> - FMPis FMP5.5UL
> - Using IIS as a web server
> - Using FMP-WSC.
> - Pages are in CDML.
>
> Based on this, do they NEED to use WSC?

Yes, as I understand Dales explanation...

To get rid of FMP-WSC you have two options:
1. Stop using IIS (use the Web Companion instead. *NOT* recommended)
2. Convert to PHP with FX.php (...recommended!)

> If they upgrade to FMP6UL, do they need to use WSC?

Yes, same choice

> Where the heck is the setting which determines if WSC on/off or in
> the loop at all?

WSC is the software installed in the 3rd party webserver which talks
to FMPU

/Erik

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org

> --
> Jonathan Schwartz
> Exit 445 Group
> jonathan at exit445.com
> http://www.exit445.com
> 415-381-1852
> FileMaker 8 Certified Developer

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
DK-6705 Esbjerg Ø

Home Tel: +45 75150512
Mobile: +45 40161183

»Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a
nuclear explosion to a firecracker.«
--Stanley Kubrick

»If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.«
-- Albert Einstein

»If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do
it over?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach