[FX.php List] Why not convert from CDML to fx.php?

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at exit445.com
Sun May 13 20:17:58 MDT 2007

Dale,

THANK YOU for explaining that, because it addresses the eternal
mystery question of whether the Web Companion was providing the web
serving or another web server was (apache/IIS).

In all my FMP6U/fx.php installations, I used Apache as a web server.
Everything worked fine.  You guys helped me through it back in 2005.
;-)

Then, I ran into a different account using FMP6UL/CDML (Mac) that had
no third party web server. Now I understand that the Web Companion is
providing the web serving.

Back to the FileMaker Web Server Connector (FM-WSC) for this problem client...

- Platform is Windows.
- FMPis FMP5.5UL
- Using IIS as a web server
- Using FMP-WSC.
- Pages are in CDML.

Based on this, do they NEED to use WSC?

If they upgrade to FMP6UL, do they need to use WSC?

Where the heck is the setting which determines if WSC on/off or in
the loop at all?

Thx,

Jonathan