[FX.php List] Bad apostrophe character confounds FMP

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Mon Dec 24 14:42:11 MST 2007

Hi Bob,

My kids just had your "Minnesota Morning and Holiday Favorites" disc
on, while we made cookies. Not a bad Christmas Eve!

This drove me up the wall at a client site a couple years ago - I was
trying to change the default file upload size. It turns out there is
no php.ini file by default on OS X or OS X Server. It runs without one
just fine, with the compiled settings, unless you give it a php.ini
file. Good news: ther is a file called php.ini.default lurking on your
Mac that you can copy and modify to be a working php.ini file. I found
mine in the /etc/ directory. If you copy it thusly:

sudo cp /etc/php.ini.default /etc/php.ini

...and then modify the new php.ini file, then you can make changes
occur to your php setup. Don't forget to stop and start the web
service to have the changes take effect once you've edited the new
php.ini file.

Hope this helps, happy holidays, and thanks for the great music!

Dale