[FX.php List] Interesting form problem and solution

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Thu Dec 6 12:04:21 MST 2007

Ouch!  I had a similar problem once: I was connecting to a client's
existing database and one field name had a trailing space in it.
Yeargh!

On a related tangent, this is one of the great things about BBEdit's
"Show Invisibles" option.  It has sometimes driven folks in classes
I've taught nuts, but seeing a little gray diamond (space) or
triangle (tab) where it shouldn't be can really jump out at you.

Thanks for the tip, Bob.

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 8 Certified Developer
   FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org