[FX.php List] [OFFish] opening a new file on server

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Tue Dec 4 13:24:35 MST 2007

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the thought, and the link to your PHP script...

I must however be missing here something here... how will an FMP script open
a database on an FMServer...?? or is this a function of the fact that the
CWP server is now also the FMS...?? What script step would I use...??

I can see how a script in a database, running in an FMP client could be used
to open another database which is hosted on the FMS, within the client, but
what I want to do is open the database on FMS... maybe I didn't explain
myself properly last time, or have missed the point of your post... ?? does
the Open File script step perform the open function on the server, if called
through the XML interface...??

Thanks
Steve