[FX.php List] one machine intallation

Tom Sepper tsepper at directorschoice.travel
Wed Apr 25 17:53:06 MDT 2007

I can definitely see why FMI would say it's best practice to make DB changes offline. I'm sure we've all noticed the annoying "bug" when duplicating layouts and such. Remember that pre-FM7 that you couldn't make definition changes to a live database; it had to be offline.

A few weeks ago, I was working from home writing a pretty intricate script when my Internet connection went out for about five minutes. When it came back up, I tried to log onto my FM database only to see that all scripts were gone! This DB file has about 600 scripts. Thank God for backups!

Tom Sepper
Director of Information Technology
Director's Choice Tour & Travel

P 806.762.6354