[FX.php List] Two DB's or One?

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Sat Sep 23 13:42:51 MDT 2006

Bob, do you mean it's best to run FMU on a different box than your
actual web server? Cuz FMU works equally well with OS X or OS X
Server. The biggest upside to using OS X Server are the nice GUI
tools for managing Apache. The biggest downside to using OS X Server
is battling my clients' compulsion to turn on other OS X Server
services like AFP and FTP, since they perceive them as being "wasted"
if just FMU is running. If you want to dedicate a Mac to FMU - or
FMSA for that matter, its purpose is far more likely to remain
dedicated to FileMaker if it's just running OS X, and not OS X Server.

Dale

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org