[FX.php List] Displaying Status Animated GIF

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Fri Oct 20 10:10:08 MDT 2006

Hi Jonathan-

Here is a link to a javascript tutorial that may do what you are looking
for -
http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Javascript-Wait-While-Loading-Page-
Display-Image/13151

The grapgic they use in their example is pretty ugly - - but it works
with any animated .gif
In fact, this site will let you customize an animated gif and download
it... free... http://www.ajaxload.info/

This method above will hide/unhide a div when the browser is loading....

The only drawback (I'm sure it can be modified though) is that it will
show the animation any time the page loads... not just after you hit a
submit button...

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else is doing something like
this...

Alex P. Gates
G&R Publishing Co.
507 Industrial Street