[FX.php List] Is anyone using FX.php with FMStudio

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Nov 27 11:18:42 MST 2006

While I'm sure that FMStudio is useful, I tend to believe that the
best approach to writing PHP code for FileMaker is to learn the
syntax and write it for each specific need. I copy and reuse my own
code all the time, so I don't have to rewrite basic functions each
time, but without knowing how to write it from scratch, I'd be
totally at the mercy of this plugin, and would be lost when I needed
some more specific functions written. I can't help but think that
there are too many times when that I've needed functions on many of
the projects I've done, that FMStudio would not be able to do.
However, I say this without having seen FMStudio, so please correct
me if I'm wrong.

When I bought FXForge, I quickly realized that I needed to learn how
to write PHP code myself, which is what I did... and certainly
haven't regretted it.

My two bits...

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING: