[FX.php List] Bulk printing

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Sun Nov 26 16:30:23 MST 2006

Thanks for the suggestions, Derrick, Steve and ggt,

Just to clarify, there are two working modes for this project:

1) The user registers online and then prints the resulting completed
form. This works fine with the javascript window_print function.

2) To prepare for users who show up to the event without their
printed registration forms, I wanted to bulk print all the forms to
have on hand.  That's the step I am seeking. And that is where I
realize that PHP via the browser can not handle the job of looping
through 500 records and printing via a script.

Dale just asked if the printing  was through the browser.  That's the
only way I know at the moment...except for PDF. Are there others?

Derrick's idea of using webviewer crossed my mind and I might try it,
although I'm worried about wasting time when I know that just biting
the bullet and recreating the form in FMP layout is straight forward.

By the way...the registration is for Little League, where we are
replacing a time-honored paper form process.

Jonathan

--

Jonathan Schwartz
FileMaker 8 Certified  Developer