[FX.php List] PHP Access Violoation Error at .......

David Ness dness at bondedbuilders.com
Thu May 4 09:40:47 MDT 2006

I'm just about to wrap up development on a large fx.PHP project, but
have hit a major hurdle. Randomly, we receive this error message,
sometimes only a few times a day, sometimes on 3 out of 5 page load
attempts. It does not appear to be an error with any specific PHP page,
All pages are affected, and all pages most times will load fine.

"PHP has encountered an Access Violation at #########"

Note: ######### is a set of numbers that typically will change.

I suspect a PHP/Webserver problem, but I just don't know. Hopefully,
someone else may have seen this before.

We run:
----------------------------
PHP 5.12 using ISAPI
(started with 5.0.5, had problems, update to 5.12, still have problem)
fx.PHP 4.2
FMSA 8.02
IIS6 on Windows Server 2003

The error does not seem to be associated with an entry in my PHP log
file.

Yes, I'd use Apache if I could, but we also have some ASP.net apps, plus
an IT manager who won't budge off Microsoft products.

My next steps are the update to FMSA v8.03, and the switch from ISAPI to
CGI. If that doesn't work, then a downgrade of PHP to 4.4.2

Does anybody know what the solution is? Thanks for any response.

--
David Ness,
FileMaker Developer

Bonded Builders Risk Management