[FX.php List] Timers and things for PHP

Steve Hannah shannah at sfu.ca
Sat Jul 29 11:39:09 MDT 2006

You would probably do this with a cron job.  Create the php script to
do the ping and send the email, and then set it up to run every hour.

-Steve

On 29-Jul-06, at 10:34 AM, Vincenzo P. Menanno wrote:

> This is more of a request to see if there is something out there
> php wise that would be acting like a trigger... so every hour ping
> some site or link and send me an email with some information ... is
> there such a thing that one can use this in their php code... and
> if so what kind of impact would it have on overall performance and
> such things.
>
> THanks
>
> Vince

Steve Hannah
Web Services Developer

Faculty of Applied Sciences
Simon Fraser University
shannah at sfu.ca
604-268-7228
Homepage: http://www.sjhannah.com
--
Need to build a database driven web application quickly?
Try Dataface: http://fas.sfu.ca/dataface