[FX.php List] Encodings

Thes Quid thesquid at friedbaloney.com
Sun Jul 23 04:55:22 MDT 2006

Hi everyone!

I'm using the output from FX.php to create excel files, but it seems
FX outputs DCR (decimal character representation [like &#09880].
(I'm using lots of different languages mixed together, like chinese/
russian/english)
Excel only likes utf-16. When I use the php Spreadsheet/Write/Excel
PEAR class, it works fine, but that dies if the excel is too big.
The perl module (upon which the php module is based) can handle such
sizes, but it doesn't convert like the php module does.
Question:
Is there a way to tell FX to output utf-16 instead of DCR (also know
as NCR numerical char rep)?
Does anyone know a way to convert from DCR to utf-16? In php or perl,
it doesn't matter.

thanks,

Dana L. Coe