[FX.php List] FindAll search is slow !!

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Wed Jan 25 13:46:43 MST 2006

The overhead is probably in the transfer of the data out of FMP into
PHP. How many fields do you have, and how much data is in, the fields
on the layout you are using? Make sure your layout doesn't have any
more fields or data than absolutely necessary.

I've got a DB with nearly 100,000 records in it. A search and return
of 100 records is nearly instant. A return of 5,000 records takes
10-15 seconds. A return of 25,000 records takes about a minute.

I've only got 5 fields on the layout, and each total record size
averages about 50 characters, with an max of about 300 characters.