[FX.php List] economical starter plan

Ian Lessing ian at sqcta.net
Wed Feb 22 11:16:40 MST 2006

Hi Folks

I'm a PHP developer who works mostly on Linux & Mac.  I've been
getting into FileMaker lately and I'm excited about the possibilities
of using a nice friendly database with PHP.  MySQL is powerful but
it's NOT easy to work with.

Here's the problem though...  I can't shell out the cash for
FileMaker Server Advanced.  At least not until I can show some
results to clients.   So... my question is what's the least expensive
way to get started with FX?  I have FileMaker 7 on hand (Mac
version).  Is there anyway to use FX in even a limited way with FMP7?
Or should I rent some FMPSA hosting somewhere?  What's a viable
approach?

Thanks in Advance....   ---Ian