[FX.php List] FX.php and textarea problem

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Sat Feb 18 09:05:48 MST 2006

Magic_quotes is a PHP setting that automatically escapes quotes,
apostrophes, and a few other special characters.

create a file (test.php or something like that) on the server with
nothing but:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

in it, and call it up.

Look under Configuration -> PHP Core for magic_quotes_gpc. If it's
not on, that means the characters aren't getting escaped. The default
setting is for this to be on, if it's not you'll need to track down
your php.ini file and search for the magic_quotes settings. Or, use
addslashes() where you need characters escaped (but that gets tedious
after awhile).

On Feb 17, 2006, at 5:29 PM, Joel Shapiro wrote:

> Can you point me to somewhere where I can learn about escaping
> 'magicquotes'?

Derrick Fogle
derrick at fogles.net