[FX.php List] fpdi/fpdf

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Sun Dec 24 12:48:29 MST 2006

FPDI allows you to take an existing PDF template and then build on
top of it with FPDF. The simplest example is of a letter created with
FileMaker data, where the art for your letterhead (header and footer,
for example) is in a template. FPDI lifts up the template and makes
it available as a "bed" to FPDF, so it can draw your dynamic letter
content. FPDF then saves the composited PDF to the location you specify.

Note that FPDF does not support templates by itself. You can build an
entire PDF from scratch with FPDF, but unless you extend it with
FPDI, you will not be able to use a pre-made template.

Hope this helps,
Dale