[FX.php List] fpdi/fpdf

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Sun Dec 24 09:09:45 MST 2006

Hi Folks,

I've started to get acquainted with fpdf to create PDF files.
However, I'm not exactly sure what fpdi does.

My understanding:

fpdi allows the creation of a template that is loaded by fpdf in the
background by fpdf whenever a new pdf is created.  The template saves
the trouble of recreating standard/reusable layouts in fpdf, both in
the developer time to create new fpdf pages and also the time for
fpdf to create the pages on the fly....which can sometimes be a
lengthy delay.  fpdi creates a new pdf that combines the background
of the template plus the foreground of fpdf.

Is this right?

Jonathan Schwartz
FileMaker 8 Certified  Developer
Schwartz & Company