[FX.php List] Speeding up page display

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Fri Aug 25 13:34:40 MDT 2006

Bob,

I think you have misunderstood the point of caching in this case...
you are correct that one reason to cache is to reduce server load
when the same pages are loaded multiple times in succession. But,
this time the prime reason to cache to HTML is to "completely control
the rendering speed" not to "reduce strain on the server on multiple
same page requests."

The idea is that *you* pull the page with a robot (or other page
crawling mechanism) and cause the cache to be formed well before
*anyone* hits that page. That way, no one but the robot sees the FMP
speed (or lack thereof). Everyone else sees a speedy HTML page
because you've told your robot to go and build the cache for you.

You would set a cache expiry time of "never" and only robotically
rebuild the HTML page cache when you wanted to (weekends?).

Hope that clarifies my suggestion.
dan