[FX.php List] calling scripts from FX help

Michael Layne fx at 9degrees.com
Fri Oct 21 06:17:11 MDT 2005

Greg,

Thanks... I had a feeling that was the case.  It's pretty important,
so I'd probably be interested in seeing a workaround (even an ugly one).

The example was just a text file, but the requirement is for anything
(mostly .doc, .xls, .pdf).  On the client side, there's a custom plug-
in that kicks off the launch of the selected document, and supposedly
it works through IWP, which is what we're trying to avoid due to the
access limits (100 concurrent users).

If you think it's possible to write a small plug-in to allow the
script to be called from FMSA, I have a resource I can tap.
Otherwise, ugly sounds good.

Thanks very much,

Michael

On Oct 21, 2005, at 1:17 AM, Greg Lane wrote:

> I don't believe it is possible to execute any of the non-web
> compatible script steps (which includes Export Field Contents)
> through FMSA. There are some ugly workarounds, like using some sort
> of triggering mechanism to fire off a script on an FMP client machine.
>
> Is there any possibility of also putting the contents of the
> container field's text files into a text field during the import/
> insert process? PHP can read the contents of a text field and write
> it to a file.
>
> Greg
>
> On Oct 20, 2005, at 11:34 PM, Michael Layne wrote:
>

>> Well, I've been doing this quite a while, and for some reason, I
>> cannot make a script happen...

>> I think it's the script itself...
>>
>> Go to Layout [...]
>> Export Field Contents[...]