[FX.php List] Visual cue when processing a long, multi-record edit request?

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Wed Oct 12 16:29:46 MDT 2005

Joel,

It seems that you're happy using Javascript, so there are a couple of
options which spring to mind just now.
  1. Place the form that users fill in inside a <div> tag which has an id,
associated with it.  Place a 'processing' graphic inside another <div>
(with id) which usually has 'display' set to none.  When the user clicks
your submit button, run a short piece of javascript, which sets the
content <div> to display: none, and the 'processing' <div> to display.
Then when the process finishes and the next page loads it clears.
  2. Use javascript to open another small window, placed in the center of
the users screen when they submit the form. put some sort of loading
graphic in there. When the next page loads, have further javascript inside
there that closes that window donw.

Let me know if you want more details about either of these ideas...I'm
also sure other people will have other suggestions too ;-)

Cheers
Steve