[FX.php List] Visual cue when processing a long, multi-record edit request?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 12 13:20:51 MDT 2005

Hi all

I've got a page that allows users to edit many related records all at
once (via radio buttons).  Unfortunately, the browser stays on the
editable page -- sometimes for up to 30 seconds -- after clicking
submit.  I'm wondering if there's some way I can display some kind of
"processing..." message or animated gif after submitting, instead of
leaving the user staring at the page he/she just submitted (and
wondering if anything is happening).

Or is there a way to have the browser switch to the processing page
right away, and I could put my message/gif on that page?

(I already have a note next to the Submit button.  I know I could
have a javascript alert pop-up, but I'd rather users not have to
click OK again after clicking 'Submit'.... Maybe even something like
a javascript pop-up window that then closes upon completion??)

I know this isn't specifically FX.php, but I'm hoping someone might
have a suggestion.

TIA

-Joel