[FX.php List] Using dynamic value list

Michael Layne fx at 9degrees.com
Wed Nov 30 16:43:48 MST 2005

Bob,

If I understand you correctly, I had the same problem... here was the
response about a month ago:

Hi Michael,

This has always been the case. The web call does not create any
relationship on which to base the contents of the popup.

You could use a combination of PHP and JavaScript to construct a
popup that is filtered by input into another form field, or you could
use XMLHttpRequest (aka AJAX) to send and receive data to feed drop-
down or type-ahead capability.

Hope this helps,
Dale

--
Dale Bengston | Streamline Studio, LLC

On Nov 29, 2005, at 4:16 PM, Bob Patin wrote:

> I'm trying to use a dynamic value list on a web page, but it won't
> display.
>
> When I set the value list to a static list, it works fine, but when
> I set the list to be dynamic, it fails to display.
>
> Here's what I have:
>
> I've created a selfjoin in a table, based on an ID number. Then I
> have a field called "menu_items" that can contain any number of
> items; this field is used to create the dynamic list. When I switch
> from record to record in FileMaker, it works fine; the dynamic list
> is built using only the menu_items field on the current record. But
> it won't show up on the the web.
>
> Is this a no-no in FX.php? Is there a workaround that I need to
> know about?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Patin
> Longterm Solutions