[FX.php List] Anyone know how to escape characters?

Dave Strickler dstrickler at mailwise.com
Mon May 16 20:21:21 MDT 2005

Good idea!

I tried a few experiments, and although I didn't trap down an exact
numbers of characters, the POST (yes, I tried changing it from GET)
seems to have the same issues as just using the URL. At about +100
characters, the record is not created in FM. Note I am using FLU v5.0v3

Looks like its a problem with using a URL to input 'large' chunks of
data. I don't think its a problem with fx.php.

What surprises me is that no one has bucked up again this before? I am
adding in text fields that have the bodies of emails as we use FM as our
CRM. Doesn't seem all that unusual to me. Is it unusually to add in text
like this? Maybe I'm doing things strangely...

Dave Strickler
MailWise LLC
617 267-0044 x810
www.mailwise.com

>>> bastille at arsc.edu 5/16/2005 7:13:04 PM >>>

One thing you can try (that I find myself using quite a bit) is to add

the following snippet just after the FMFind() query:

     <pre><?php echo 'FM URL' . $returnedData['URL'] . "\n"; ?></pre>

   This snippet prints the actual URL used by FXphp to talk to the FM
server.  You can then cut and paste this in to a browser to see if FM
will take it or if it has been truncated.

Regards,
   Derek