[FX.php List] Getting Error 101 when using FMEdit()

Dave Strickler dstrickler at mailwise.com
Sun May 15 09:20:07 MDT 2005

Funny - you and I use the same "|" constructs. ;-)

The idea of the calc field that contains the RecordID is a clever one.
I will use that one to verify things.

As far as running the latest version of FMU, I am running 5.0v3 - and I
can't seem to find if that's the latest patch on the Filemaker site. I
realize that 5.0 is *way* out of date. We have been avoiding the upgrade
to 7.0 as it would mean large costs in upgrade as well as a huge effort
to get everything converted over. Alas, I know it will be part of our
future sooner or later...

Dave Strickler
MailWise LLC
617 267-0044 x810
www.mailwise.com

>>> chris at iViking.org 5/12/2005 4:59:13 PM >>>
Dave,

Have you done an echo() of the data that you're sending as the RecordID

to make sure that it's what you expect? (I usually surround these
sorts of values with pipe -- '|' -- characters to both make them stand

out, and to avoid spaces, etc.) Make sure that you check the value
that is being sent to FileMaker (preferably just before the edit is
processed) and not just the value coming out of the find. You might
even consider adding a calc field that contains the RecordID to compare

against (if you haven't already.)

Also, in any version of FileMaker, it's important to make sure that
you're running the latest version possible of the Web Companion (for
5/6) or Server Advanced (for 7). Those little 'v2' or 'v3' updates
often fix some very interesting (read BIG) XML bugs. As I recall,
versions 5 and 5.5 were especially interesting, so make sure you have
the latest version of the Web Companion for 5.5. (Of course, this may
not be an issue for you, since you have working solutions.

HTH

--Chris Hansen
creator of FX.php
"The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
www.iViking.org