[FX.php List] Passing Data 101

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Thu Jun 9 19:06:53 MDT 2005

Please pardon the beginner question.  I'm trying hard to overcome the
initial learning curve of FX.PHP.

My current hurdle....displaying search result listing that offers
multiple sort options.  The default search result sorts by Last Name.
I have added links for additional sort fields (First Name, City, etc)
by creating copies of the search result page, and changing the sort
field for each page.

Assuming that this is the right approach (?), the problem I am having
is that no records appear in the subsequent pages.  I'm not sure if I
need to recreate the original query or pass the query result to the
new page.....and how.

I've gotten this far. Here is the link on the original search result page:

However, I don't believe that any data is being saved in $query.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  I *told* you it was a beginner
question. ;-)

Thanks

Jonathan
--

Jonathan Schwartz
Schwartz & Company

There's *always* a logical answer....most of the time.