[FX.php List] Can't Connect

Jason H.Awbrey jason at stravin.com
Mon Feb 21 15:03:02 MST 2005

Tim,

Can you submit general XML queries against the data source? If you
can't do that you're not going to get a response from FX.php either.
Try submitting a url like such:

http://username:password@server_ip:port/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-
db=Lot%20Number%20Tracking.fp7&-
lay=WebScanner&CalicoProductNumber=<product_value>&BarCode=<lot_value>&S
caner=<scanner_value>&-script=Lookup%20Empty%20Barcodes&-new

If you get a valid XML result you know that at leats FMSA is working.
If you get an error you've got something to fix. It will at least
provide you with a place to start.

I would HIGHLY recommend NOT using spaces in anything you are
referencing from the web (db names, field names, script names, value
list names, etc). It will typically work fine but there will be that
one time when it won't and you won't be able to figure out why.

Cheers,
Jason

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org