[FX.php List] FileMaker Server 8 Advanced... Slower?

David Ness david at david-ness.com
Fri Dec 30 21:01:40 MST 2005

I received my FileMaker Server 8 Advanced yesterday, and got it installed on
my Mac OS X Server v10.4.3.

Offhand, fx.PHP access sure seems a lot slower to me. As others get the new
software, and get it installed, please post your impressions. As this is
just a test server, not our production server, we're leaving our production
server alone with FMSA7 until we hear enough feedback to decide to take it
live.

I had a bit of trouble with the installation, as the install directions
aren't accurate with regard to stopping the FMSA7 services before performing
the install of FMSA8. Slowness might just be my old server (G4 450Mhz
w/384MB RAM). I might slap in some more RAM to see if that helps. Seemed
plenty fast before the upgrade, though. Anyways, I'd be interested in
other's impressions as their available.

--
David Ness,
FileMaker Database Solutions Developer