[FX.php List] using a value list to define a text input field

Rheal Poirier rpoirier at advance.mb.ca
Wed Dec 29 18:50:44 MST 2004

What I am trying to accomplish is to have the user be able to search
through different file maker fields but chosing the field through a
html form value list and then typing their search criteria, then click
find

for example If a user wishes to find items by company they would chose
"company" from the pull down list, type in the company name and click
the search button.
Or
If the same user wanted to find items by model number they would choose
"model number" from the pull down list, type the model number and click
the search button.
The code below is the html equivalent of what I want. (sorta)
The values in the value list (sku, compname, description, etc) are
fields in filemaker. Do I do something with the names of these fields?
I know I can simply change the value name in my input text to reference
one field.
eg. <input type="text" size="20" name="compname" value=""> will return
a search with the specific name. Does the solution have anything to do
with $_POST?

<select name="????" id="??????">
<option selected="selected" value="sku">Model Number</option>
<option value="compname">Manufacturer</option>
<option value="description">Description</option>
<option value="area_of_expertise">Area of Expertise</option>
<input type="text" size="20" name="???????" value="">
<input type="submit" name="currentQuery" value="Find Items"></td>

Rheal Poirier
Web Designer