[FX.php List] "No Action Taken" on query

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at exit445.com
Mon Jan 11 15:10:54 MST 2016

Bob,

In my experience, no single query will do the job because of the number of links in the chain that can fail on an CWP query.

WPE failed
Apache failed
FMS Server failed
DB offline
Queried data missing
Server offline
Power failure
Connectivity failure
DNS failure

A succesful WPE query demonstrate that all of the items are working.

An unsuccessful query means anything in the list (and more) could be at fault.

Because a WPE query won’t return a result, you can’t ask the sick server to tell you it is sick. I used to do the following:
	1) Query the DB(s) at some known interval.
	2) Write the timestamp(s) in a different location.
	3) Query the timestamp(s) to see which had not been updated in a timely manner (indicating failure).
	4) Alert me when #3 failed.

I used Cron scripts to manage this process.

Hope that helps.

Jonathan

Jonathan Schwartz
jonathan at exit445.com