[FX.php List] Credit Card Reader for mobile device + web publishing

Anders Monsen andersm at mac.com
Wed Mar 20 13:57:00 MDT 2013

I'm not yet using this in production, but you certainly can use Open URL
with this method. (Forget my mention of the plugins, as this would not
work with FM Go, and I was mixing two separate solutions). Rather, using
either a PHP page with a web viewer, or Open URL, should work.

I have not tried iMag Pro without the CardSwipe software, as I set it up
with a data url scheme so FM Go would open the app and then the card
data would be returned to FM Go.

The script you run from Fm Go would then parse the data from the card,
and send the valid information. What I was looking for when I wrote this
wasn't necessarily CC info, but rather badge reading methods. What I
discovered when reading cards, was the different credit cards would
return information formatted in different ways, so your script probably
would need to be able to ID the type, and then parse the values
accordingly. All text parsing, I think.

I think the better option would be to push CC data from CardSwipe to a
web server with a PHP page via a web viewer, and you then can use an API
that works for PHP to process the CC info, return data to FMP (Go), to
receive confirmation. This would be akin to processing via a web site,
but all handled within FM Go and the connection to the server. However,
there are potential issues with connectivity to consider, which I have
not tried.

--
Anders