[FX.php List] Credit Card Reader for mobile device + web publishing

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Mar 20 13:44:15 MDT 2013

It sounds like, from reading the specs on this device, that you could write a script to capture the card data.

I use a script now that uses card readers to capture a CC's two tracks; I then parse it out and run the transaction using Plastic.

My client's been hoping that we could find something like this; since plugins don't work in FileMaker Go, what I'll probably do is use PHP to run the transaction--I capture the card info in the device on an iPhone, then use openURL to run the PHP page and get the results back to me in the database on the iPhone.

I didn't read Ander's article, but I wonder if he's doing some variation of that; using a standard PHP page like the AIM page I use for Authorize.net, it'd be easy enough to get the card info from the swiper and then do the processing...

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Twitter: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
iChat: bobpatin
--