[FX.php List] Catch FileMaker Server before it dies?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu May 24 15:12:15 MDT 2012

I have a little script I use that will send me an error message if a web server's WPE isn't responding; what I do is to use a test database that has a few records; if the WPE doesn't respond in a reasonable amount of seconds, I get an SMS and an email warning me that there was an issue. I use a robot machine (that does other robot duties too) to run this script every 3 minutes.

You could write some sort of script to do a simple find; if it doesn't return an error-free response, you could direct users to an error page. However, if the WPE geeks completely, you're not going to get a FileMaker error back, and perhaps Chris could tell you what sort of IF statement to write to catch that situation.

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Twitter: bobpatin
Google+: http://www.longtermsolutions.com/plus
AIM: longterm1954
iChat: bobpatin