[FX.php List] Search as you type

Leo R. Lundgren leo at finalresort.org
Mon Oct 11 19:56:33 MDT 2010

I haven't done this with FileMaker specifically, but in general/with other code.

You could have a look at http://jqueryui.com/demos/autocomplete/ which is a jQuery widget that will give you autocomplete. You set it up on the page, and then provide a lookup method on the server side, that this widget then calls. Your lookup method could simply query the FM database for you to return the relevant data for the widget.

12 okt 2010 kl. 03.53 skrev Stephe Pocock:

> Hi all
>
> Has anyone successfully managed to get a search as you type system working with Filemaker via the web?
>
> I have a contacts database that we would like to be able to search via a spotlight type search.  We have this working within filemaker using script triggers, but this does not work via IWP and I was hoping to set something up with PHP and Ajax (I guess).
>
> Has anyone done this?   Are you willing to share the code or point me in the right directions?
>

> Thanks in adavance
>
> Stephe

-|