[FX.php List] Design for Locked Records?

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Tue Jan 5 17:38:45 MST 2010

The way I handle this is by trapping for any error (lots more could go
wrong than just a locked record). If there is an error, I just shoot
all the transaction data off in an email to administrators. The web
interface displays a message saying that something went wrong with the
"automated" transaction, but staff has been alerted to the problem,
given the transaction data, and will take care of it manually. Also a
phone number to call to follow up on it if they so desire.

At that point, a human being is the best one to arbitrate the
transaction data vs current database record data, and email the client
back and let them know what's up. It does happen, but it's not very
common, and the burden on staff to manually handle the transaction
very small, and the customer service reward is big.

Derrick