[FX.php List] Saving/Exporting records - RESOLVED

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Mon Jan 28 17:45:53 MST 2008

The bottleneck is any single FMPXML transaction that moves data into
or out of FileMaker. The first solution - lots of individual FMNew
transactions - is a dog because of the overhead for each individual
transaction. The fast solution - an FM Script - replaces all those
individual transactions with one single one. FMP's internal GUI is a
lot faster. The FMEdit to a relationship won't work, because to update
a whole lot of portal rows, the rows have to exist in the first place.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only add a single *new*
portal record at a time with FMEdit, no? I'm still hoping that
someday  FMI gets the FMPXML transaction speed up to at least a
considerable fraction of MySQL and the rest. Until then, do your best
to minimize the transaction count and the data used on any given layout.