[FX.php List] posting an email address

william.downs william.downs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 07:06:34 MDT 2008

Hi Roger,

I may be stating the obvious here - so please excuse if so - but IMHO
using user entered data as a Primary key is asking for some work.

You will need to :

1) Check validity of email address format
2) Ensure that it has not been entered already - perhaps by running a
pre-search or trapping errors for breach of validation rules

I may be speaking out of turn here, so please excuse me if I am - but
a primary key should usually be created from the DB itself

What happens if the email address changes ?

I could ask a few more such questions but you get the picture by now

Kindest Regards,

William