[FX.php List] [OFF-TOPIC] A bug discovery in OS X Server and OS X 10.4 installers

Jon Montgomery vicepresident at onecliq.net
Tue May 22 20:08:46 MDT 2007

On 5/22/07 7:23 PM, "John May" <jmaymailing at pointinspace.com> wrote:

> Never tried that specific combination.
>
> I do know there was a screwy install issue with OS X server on the old G4
> Xserves where the install disc wouldn't boot if there was more than 512MB ram
> installed.  Gotta love that black magic...
>
>         - John

My dad was a radio tech for the state police.  Not long ago a retired state
trooper told me a story about my dad and this trooper¹s radio.  My dad had
evidently ³fixed² it several times in a week or two.  He would put it back
in the car and the next day the trooper would have to come back in and tell
him it didn¹t work.  Finally dad took the radio out of the car, now mind you
this was just before printed circuits took over so this thing had vacuum
tubes in it.  He looked at it sitting there for a long time.  Picked it up
and slammed it down on the work bench.  Then he said, ³You have got to get a
new radio.  This one is broken.²

    Now Bob, that is NOT my suggestion with your Mac.  That radio didn¹t
cost over 2 grand, but the reference that John made above to that ³black
magic² was around in the 60¹s as well.

Hope this brings a smile.

Jon Montgomery
--