[FX.php List] FMSkipRecords

Steve Hannah shannah at sfu.ca
Wed Mar 29 15:17:07 MST 2006

On 29-Mar-06, at 1:49 PM, Kevin Futter wrote:

>> Actually, I believe we are still squarely on the topic of...
>>
>> "how to keep your search params intact so that you can pass them from
>> request to request because FX linkPrevious and linkNext are
>> applicable
>> only to GET implementations." (whew, what a mouthful).
>>

> Yes, I guess you're right - I was thinking more strictly about FX and
> FileMaker. I'm surprised no one has mentioned sessions for this
> purpose.

Using sessions to keep track of paging is problematic.  The
difficulty comes when the user has 2 browser windows open paging
through different result sets from the same site.  You would need a
way to decipher which result set was being paged.  Of course there
are ways to do this, but you would still end up needing to pass some
token using GET or POST to identify which result set is being paged
through - and then we are back to the same problem.

Best regards

Steve Hannah

Steve Hannah
Web Services Developer