[FX.php List] Stupid error... but totally confusing...

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Jul 27 12:30:48 MDT 2006

Well, I finally found it...

Here's the odd sequenece of events:

When I first learned to use FX.php over a year ago, I put an FX
folder in this client's site folder, and fooled around, trying to get
it working. I must've never deleted it. Anyway, in server_data.php,
I'd put my FM server's IP address and port 591, instead of the WEB
SERVER'S IP address (since this is where WPE is installed), and port
80, which is what I should've been using.

So when I put a cart in her site, I put it in a separate folder, and
put an FX folder inside there. This explains why her cart has worked--
it had the right numbers in it.

So this old FX folder sat unused for over a year, with wrong numbers
in it. So today when I tried to use it, thinking it was the same FX
folder her cart uses, I didn't stop to realize that it had the wrong
IP and the wrong port number, left over from tests last spring.

So when I FINALLY saw that the IP was wrong, and Chris saw that the
port was 591 and not port 80, it all started working...

I feel SO foolish. I've been haggling with this silly little script
for 2.5 hours... and of course only an hour will be billable. Oh
well... :)

Thanks Dale & Chris!

Bob